With the arc wire coating process a thin steel coat is applied directly to the aluminum running surface of crankcases. This coat is clearly lighter than the used steel bushing. Thus, weight and consumption are reduced.
A test unit for customer casting and coating process development is available at Scheuchl company.
SCHEUCHL LDS UNI TS - YOUR ADVANTAGE S AT ONE GLANCE:
- Scheuchl coating experience: over 20 million coated bores of BMW crankcases worldwide
- Significant reduction of weight
- Increased heat conduction and improved cooling conditions due to thin layer
- Reduction of friction loss because of the micro porosity surface improving the tribological characteristics
- Decrease of production costs
- Minimum of process time because of high power 2-wire-process and multi-lance units
- Full automated and manual solutions are available